WeLcOmE: Http://saiful-anis.blogspot.com Headline Animator

Transformers Revenge of The Fallen

Monday, April 7, 2008

F1: BaHRaIN 2008-2nD RuNNeR UP FoR KiMi...

Brazilian Felipe Massa stormed to victory here yesterday for his second successive victory in the Bahrain Grand Prix and answer his mounting bank of critics as his Ferrari team celebrated a comfortable one-two with Kimi Raikkonen finishing second. The 26-year-old Latin American, who had failed to score a point after an error-strewn performance in both opening races, came home as a comfortable winner ahead of his team-mate defending drivers’ world champion Finn Rakkkonen. They came home first and second ahead of third-placed Pole Robert Kubica of BMW, who had started from the first pole position of his career, and his team-mate German Nick Heidfeld.

This was enough for the BMW-Sauber team to lead the constructors' championship for the first time. “For sure I had a not very easy couple of weeks, but that's life,” said Massa. “It's not the first time and won't be the last. I had two bad days in the first two races, but I know that we are quick. “The race was difficult because I didn't want to make mistakes. I was just controlling the pace and wanted to bring the car home. What was in my mind was the last race. “I love this circuit. It is my second victory in a row. Always I have gone very strong here.” Raikkonen said: “All weekend has been really difficult. It has been just one of those things and I couldn't get the car where we wanted. It was a bad weekend, but I still finished second and I am leading the championship. Kubica said: “We had some problems on the formation lap with a lot of wheel spin and with the race start I had a lot of wheel spin.

“Then unfortunately on the second lap I didn't know about the oil and I took some debris in corner one and thought I had punctured the tyre. “I didn't know if I was going to pit and I lost second place to Kimi. But anyway a good result - third and fourth for the team and to be leading the Constructors' championship. Kubica finished third ahead of his team-mate German Nick Heidfeld, confirming BMW's emergence as a championship force. The German car giant leads the Constructors' championship for the first time by one point from Ferrari.

Raikkonen now leads the drivers' standings on 19 points, three ahead of Heidfeld with Lewis Hamilton, Heikki Kovalainen and Kubica all on 14. Pre-race championship leader Hamilton was always struggling having dropped from third to 11th at the start after getting stuck on the grid when the red lights went out. Ferrari dominated from the start. On a hot, windy and sand-strewn circuit, the 23-year-old Kubica was left behind as the leading Ferrari F2008 driven by the Brazilian took control. But that did not hold him up on the track and while he pulled away at the start, the luckless Hamilton was left struggling to leave the grid.

From third on the grid, the 23-year-old Briton fell back to 10th and soon after was involved in a dramatic collision with his great rival and former team-mate double world champion Spaniard Fernando Alonso. As they exited a slow corner, it appeared that the Renault driver slowed slightly and Hamilton, accelerating hard, hit the rear of his car with the front of his McLaren, and flew into the air. Hamilton's car was damaged and he had to pit for a new nose and front wing. This left him 18th when he rejoined as his chances of hanging on to the leadership of the early-season drivers' championship were wrecked.